CLERMONT TOWN BOARD
August 2, 2004
The regular meeting of the Clermont Town Board was held on August 2, 2004 at 7:30 P.M. Supervisor Michael Pelletier opened the meeting. Those board members present were Councilman Staats, Councilwoman Lent, Councilman Harned and Councilman Tousey. Others present were Donna Cafalvo Kingston Freeman, Richard Roth, The Independent, Bob Desmond, Donald VanWagner, Richard and Sue Livellara, David Stonington.
A motion was made by Councilman Staats, seconded by Councilwoman Lent to accept the July minutes as provided. All in favor. So carried.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS :
- The Town Clerk’s report for July for the amount of $1483.46 was read and accepted on a motion made by Councilman Staats, seconded by Councilwoman Lent. All in favor. So carried.
- A check received from the Columbia County Treasurer in the amount of $59,274.31 for sales tax distribution for second quarter, 2004.
- Check received from Russell Sharp for the backhoe bid in the amount of $18,100.
- Resolution #230-04 from Columbia County authorizing and supporting the submission of the Brownfield Opportunity Area Grant application for investigation and remediation of the former Hettling Farm Property. This resolution was passed by the Full board of Supervisors on July 14, 2004. The Clermont Town Board passed a similar resolution on June 7, 2004.
- Received a copy of the recommendations of the Land Use, conservation and development working group to the Town of Red Hook, made possible through a grant from the Hudson River Valley Greenway for review by the Town Board. Copies will be provided to each member.
- Received a notice of zoning changes from the Village of Saugerties.
- Supervisor Pelletier showed a logo design by the Friends of Clermont, which has not been adopted at this point.
- NYS Association of Towns – 2005 dues for budget purposes projected to be $500.00
- Clermont Academy – investigative process of the Academy has been concluded, with very little structural damage found. The work will be put out to bid, available on August 13 and due in by Monday, September 13, 2004.
- Councilwoman Lent reported on the SARA grant for microfilming. Records completed are minutes from 1870-2000, and historic records from 1812-1900. The final expenditure report is being submitted and a final check in the amount of $2753.00 will be expected.
PUBLIC COMMENT :
- Donald Van Wagner asked when the backhoe bids were opened. They were opened at last month’s meeting.
- Robert Desmond asked if the Academy grant had been extended. It has been until 2005.
- Community Day barbecue will be held on August 14, 2004 at 2:00 P.M. There will be a logo design competition for the best logo to be used by the Town. The designs will be displayed in the town hall on the day of the barbecue. There will be two awards and a panel of judges and a community choice award. Columbia County Tourism has donated $200 for prize money. There will be a ceremony designating the Clermont Historic District – Town Hall, St. Luke’s Church and Clermont Academy. Peter Shaver of Office of Parks and Recreation, Senator Stephen Saland, Past Supervisor William Banks, Bruce Naramore, Clermont State Historic Site, Historian Anne Poleschner and Pauline Freer who will receive awards.
- Plaques have been made for in front of the Town Hall and St. Luke’s which mirror the plaque in front of the Academy.
- Special Cancellation Stamp commemorating the days designation into the Historic Register.
- Highway Garage Roof - Supervisor Pelletier asked a consultant to view the garage roof and suggests various options for repair or replacement. It was decided because of budgetary constraints to repair the roof, rather than replace it. Bids will be requested for next months meeting.
- Judges Bench for main room of Town Hall – A motion was made by Councilwoman Lent, seconded by Councilman Harned, after discussion, to draw up plans for a movable judges bench, which can be used by the judges in the main room as needed.
- Website for Town of Clermont – The launch date for the official Town Website will be September 13, 2004. All information should be entered by that time. E-mails will be channeled through the Town Clerk who will disseminate to the proper persons.
- Resolution #14-2004 – Corrections to General Abstract #6 and June minutes and General abstract #7 and July minutes. Motion to accept Resolution #14-2004 made by Councilman Staats, seconded by Councilman Harned. All in favor. So carried.
- Resolution #15-2004 – Appointing Bram Moreinis as webmaster for the balance of 2004 for an amount of $250.00 to be paid from the Supervisors account 1220.4.
Motion made to approve Resolution #15-2004 by Councilman Harned, seconded by Councilman Staats. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made by Councilman Harned, seconded by Councilman Staats to approve the General Abstract #8, pages 1 & 2, vouchers #226-246 in the amount of $2,510.78 for payment. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made by Councilman Harned, seconded by Councilman Staats to approve Highway Abstract #8, page l, vouchers #86-92 in the amount of $4,592.72 for payment. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made by Councilman Harned, seconded by Councilwoman Lent to adjourn at 7:50 P.M.
Mary Helen Shannon