TOWN OF CLERMONT
JUNE 3, 2019
The Clermont Town Board held their regular meeting on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall. Those in attendance were Supervisor Raymond Staats, Councilman Robert Desmond, Councilwoman Dawn Brownson, Councilman Evan Hempel and Councilman Kris Gildersleeve. Our videographer, Fred Cartier, was not able to make the meeting. We wish him a speedy recovery. There were two residents present.
Supervisor Staats opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
MINUTES: A motion was made to accept the minutes of the May meeting by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in favor. So carried.
TOWN CLERKS REPORT: The Town Clerk presented the Supervisor checks in the amount of $486.28 for the General fund and $1,000.00 for Trust and Agency.
- Received notice of public hearing in Livingston for a special use permit for the installation of a wireless telecommunications facility on Danski Road for June 5, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
- Narcan Training being offered at Pine Plains High School by Dr. Handler on Thursday, June 13 from 3:30 to 4:30 PM and 6:00 to 7:00 PM.
- Received the budget and revenue reports from the Supervisor for May 31, 2019.
- Councilman Desmond stated that the Park Committee has been working on a plan for screening, signs showing prohibited uses. There was discussion on what would be included on the signs.
- Councilman Hempel reported that the design of the website is about 80% done. He is hoping to have it done in the next few weeks.
- Councilwoman Brownson was notified that the Town was to received $750.00 from the Bank of Greene County for a grant that she applied for to be used for the park entrance. She also said that we should receive word on a grant from Iroquois Community Grant for park funds. The Park committee is holding a planting on June 15th at park entrance. All are invited to join the activities.
CONTRACTS FOR DAMAGE FROM HAIL STORM:
A bid was received from Jennings Contracting to repair Community House roof for $9,100 but he was not able to meet the bid specs so he is withdrawing his bid. The other bidder was B/T Contractors, Inc. at $11,164.00. A motion was made to award the bid to B/T Contractors by Councilman Gildersleeve, seconded by Councilman Hempel. All in favor. So carried.
The bid received from Jennings Contracting for roof repair on storage building/shed for $8,860.20 also did not meet the specs. The bid from B/T contractors was for $9500.00 and was accepted on a motion made by Councilwoman Brownson, seconded by Councilman Desmond. All in favor. So carried. These will be paid from the Buildings account #1620.4.
- SOCCER FIELD BENCHES: Supervisor Staats said that a Soccer Tournament was held at the new field at Hettling Park in Clermont. The field is being very well received by visitors. He did have to borrow benches from Germantown for the tournament so he is proposing that the use of donations we have received and the donation from the Germantown Soccer League that we purchase two benches for $1,070.52. A motion was made by Councilman Gildersleeve and Councilman Desmond to make the purchase from these funds. All in favor. So carried.
- BUDGET AMENDMENTS:
Budget Amendment No. 2 of 2019: General Fund
To: Buildings A1620.4 Increase appropriations $17,013.04
From: Insurance Recoveries A02680 decrease est. revenues $17,013.04
To: Town Board A1010.4 Increase appropriations $243.00
From; Supervisor A1220.4 Decrease appropriations $243.00
To: Assessors A1355.4 Increase appropriations $500.00
From: Contingent A1990.4 Decrease appropriations $500.00
Total: $17,756.04 $17,756.04
Motion to approve budget amendment to balance accounts by Councilman Hempel, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in Favor. So carried.
Budget Amendment No. 2 of 2019: Highway Fund
To: Improvements DA5112.2 Increase Appropriations $10,621.81
From: PAVE NY DA03501.1 Decrease est. revenues $10,621.81
Motion to approve budget amendment for funds received for road paving from PAVE NY by Councilwoman Brownson, seconded by Councilman Desmond. All in favor. So carried.
- MORTGAGE TAX: A check in the amount of $29,647.62 was received for the mortgage tax. The amount budgeted for estimated revenues is $40,000.00.
- GRIEVANCE DAY: A reminder that Grievance day is Tuesday, June 4th from 3PM to 5PM and 6PM to 8PM.
- HIGHWAY TRUCK: The new truck should be received this week.
- The Supervisor has not met with anyone on housing for Special Needs regarding the number of homes in Clermont.
A motion was made to approve Trust & Agency abstract #5, vouchers #13-18 in the amount of $1,250.00 by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to approve General Prepaid abstract #6, vouchers #141-143 in the amount of $183.97 by Councilwoman Brownson, seconded by Councilman Hempel. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to approve Highway abstract #6, vouchers #47-58 in the amount of $7,285.57 by Councilman Hempel, seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to approve General Fund abstract #6A, vouchers #144-170 in the amount of $14,600.10 by Councilman Gildersleeve, seconded by Councilman Hempel. All in favor. So carried.
Phyllis Heiko thanked the board for the action taken on getting a letter from our attorney to DEC regarding Red Wing Properties.
She also said that members of the Planning and Zoning are calling for the opening of the Bingham’s Mill Bridge.
She also asked that there be something written in the zoning regarding items that don’t sell at a yard sale being left on the side of the road indefinitely.
A motion was made to adjourn at 7:35 PM by Councilman Gildersleeve, seconded by Councilman Desmond.
Mary Helen Shannon, RMC