The May Planning Board meeting, normally held the 2nd Wednesday of each month, will be cancelled for May 2020. This is in conjunction with the Town Hall remaining closed until further notice.
The May ZBA meeting, normally held the 4th Wednesday of each month, will be cancelled for May 2020. This is in conjunction with the Town Hall remaining closed until further notice.
Pursuant to Sections 506 and 526 of the Real Property Tax Law:
- Notice is hereby given that the Tentative Assessment Roll for the Town of Clermont is completed, and a copy thereof is available at the Town Clerk’s Office. The Roll may also Be viewed online at https://clermontny.org and www.columbiacountyny.com.
- Notice is hereby given that the Assessor will be in attendance with the Tentative Assessment Roll for the Town of Clermont on the following days:
- May 5, 2020 by phone appointment only from 8:30am-12:30pm
- May 8, 2020 by phone appointment only from 8:30am-12:30pm
- May 14, 2020 by phone appointment only from 4:30pm-6:30pm
- May 16, 2020 by phone appointment only from 8:30am-12:30pm
(Due to Covid-19 restrictions the assessor is available for appointment by phone only. Please call the office at 518-929-3845 to schedule an appointment if needed.)
- Notice is hereby given that the Board of Assessment Review for the Town of Clermont will meet to hear and examine all properly filed complaints in relation to assessments of Real Property on June 2nd, 2020 3:00pm-5pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm BY APPOINTMENT.
Contact the Town Assessor’s Office prior to June 2nd to schedule an appointment.
Grievance Day will be conducted through Zoom.
(Due to Covid-19 restrictions, property owners needing to grieve their 2020 tentative assessment are strongly encouraged to submit their grievance application and supporting documentation to the Town Assessor prior to June 2nd either by emailing email@example.com or by mailing to
Town of Clermont Assessor,
1795 Route 9,
Clermont, N.Y. 12526 )
- A publication containing procedures for contesting an assessment is available online at:
Dated this 1st day of May, 2020
Assessor, Town of Clermont
Additional Information as of May 24, 2020:
The Town of Clermont Board of Assessment Review meeting will be held virtually. Residents are invited to watch a live stream of the meeting on YouTube. Residents are also welcome to participate via telephone.
YouTube Clermont NY Board of Assessment Review June 2nd at 3 pm
Telephone (646) 558 8656
Meeting ID: 868 2324 9073
Most towns have assembled a group of volunteers to assist seniors with grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions during the Coronavirus outbreak. The Columbia County Office for the Aging is compiling a list of these contacts, which will enable our staff to make referrals should a senior from a particular town need assistance with these tasks. Please contact Councilmember Dawn Brownson at 518-537-6272 to volunteer.
The Planning Board meeting for April will be postponed until the next normally scheduled May meeting.
Fishing and turkey licenses may be purchased online at www.dec.ny.gov/permits at any time. Anglers may use their privileges immediately by carrying their transaction number (DEC – LS#) with them.
The HuntFishNY mobile app may also be used through the Apple App or Google Play stores. This way you will have an electronic copy of your license.
With any questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have access to a computer or internet, please call the Town Clerk at 518-537-6868 or email email@example.com to make an appointment or arrangements.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and recommendations and efforts to prevent spreading of the virus, the March ZBA meeting, normally held the 4th Wednesday of each month, will be cancelled for March 2020.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and recommendations and efforts to prevent spreading of the virus, the Village Green Easter Egg Hunt will be cancelled for April 2020.
|The Clermont Town Board will hold a special meeting to discuss further park plans for the Hettling Park on Monday, March 16th, 2020 at 6:30 P.M. at the Town Hall, 1795 Route 9, Clermont and to discuss any other business, which may come before the board. All interested parties are invited to attend.|