CLERMONT TOWN BOARD MINUTES
DECEMBER 3, 2019
The Clermont Town Board held their regular meeting on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 7:00 P.M at the Town Hall. This meeting was changed from Monday due to a snow storm. Those present were Supervisor Raymond Staats, Councilman Robert Desmond, Councilman Kris Gildersleeve and Councilman Evan Hempel. Councilwoman Dawn Brownson was absent.
Supervisor Staats opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
MINUTES: The minutes of the November meeting were reviewed and a motion was made to accept by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilman Hempel.
TOWN CLERK’S REPORT: The Town Clerk presented a check to the Supervisor for the General fund in the amount of $490.96 and for Trust and Agency for $800.00.
- The Village Green Christmas Event will be held on Sunday, December 15th from 6 PM to 7 PM at St. Luke’s Church with caroling and the Community House for a visit with Santa and refreshments.
- Mary Howard reported that the next Park Committee meeting will be held on December 8th at 6 PM at the Town Hall.
- Supervisor Staats gave the board members reports for November.
- There were no comments for the web committee.
- Veterans Day: The Veterans Day Ceremony was held at the site of our Veterans memorial and was attended by 15-20 people.
- Website: Councilman Hempel and Councilman Gildersleeve will be meeting on finalizing the website.
- Park Committee: Councilman Gildersleeve reported that volunteers showed up to plant some 300-500 bulbs at the entrance to the park and around the Veterans Memorial.
- Supervisor Staats will be meeting with Jeff Irish regarding solar either behind the park or mounted on the town buildings.
- The year end meeting will be held on Monday, December 30th at 7:00 PM.
- The Organizational meeting for 2020 will be held on January 6th at 7:00 PM.
- The County budget has not yet been approved.
- Thanked the Village Green Committee for doing the upcoming Christmas Event, the Park Committee volunteers for planting the bulbs in the park and the Highway Department for clearing the roads and keeping us safe during this recent storm.
A motion was made to pay Highway abstract #12, vouchers #111-124 in the amount of $24,373.88 by Councilman Gildersleeve, seconded by Councilman Hempel. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to pay General Prepaid abstract #12, vouchers #310 – 312 in the amount of $175.09 by Councilman Hempel, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to pay General abstract #12A, vouchers #313 – 331 in the amount of $14,551.57 by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilman Hempel. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to pay Trust and Agency abstract #11, vouchers #27 – 28 in the amount of $902.50 by Councilman Hempel, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in favor. So carried.
Supervisor Staats wished all a Merry Christmas.
Fred Cartier, our videographer wished all a Merry Christmas.
A motion was made to adjourn by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve.
Mary Helen Shannon, RMC