Town of Clermont
August 1st, 2022
- Call Meeting to Order @7PM by Supervisor Staats with the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Approval of prior Town Board Meeting Minutes-
- Approval of July minutes, Motion to accept by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor So Carried
- Town Clerk Report- Total for General Fund $2286.82
- Total report for July 2022 $2295.82
- Written communications/Mail review
- KISS-Keeping Identities of Seniors Safe runs August 29th to September 9th. Shredding bin will be at Town Hall available on Thursdays 6-8 and Saturdays 10-12. Notice will be posted in front of Town Hall.
- Correspondence for Web Committee-
- Kris and Mary Howard working on website together for Comprehensive Plan Updates
- Committee Reports and Updates
- Bob – Report on Highway department-Tractor
- Nothing to Report
- Kris and Mary Howard working on website together for Comprehensive Plan Updates-Meeting designated Mondays 7PM (time change)
- Tyler Computer issues-May need to be replaced in the future
- Purple Heart signs are in, Will start researching if we have any purple heart recipients in Town.
- Check has been picked up from the Bank of Greene County Grant for $1000.
- Old Business
- Pleasantvale Bridge-Wait for federal funds would place project out to possibly 2027, Unofficially the County will fund for Immediate replacement. Construction could begin in 2023 with completion late 2023 or Early 2024
- ARPA Funds – 2nd Check has been received in the amount of $95589 totaling $191678. Funds can be used for Purchases. Further discussion will be done at the Budget Workshop in September.
- New Business
- Planning Board Deputy Chairman- Motion made to appoint Mary Howard by Councilman Gildersleeve, Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute, All in favor so carried.
- Sales Tax Check – $146250. One installment decreased from last year however we are still over last year’s sales taxes received.
- Mortgage Tax Check – $66954 Very High one additional check expected later in the year.
- JCAP Resolution – Authorizing Clermont Town Court to apply for Grant up to $30000 dollars. Motion to approve Resolution 43 of 2022 By Councilman Desmond Seconded by Councilwoman Gildersleeve. All in Favor. So carried.
- Request for new sander by Highway department-$1454.32 Purchase approved by board
- Comprehensive Plan Update-Reported by Mary Howard-Training will be held on Monday August 8th for committee members. The project is moving forward. Future pop-up events/locations are currently being investigated. It is expected that LaBella will begin billing soon.
- Supervisors Report
- Tobacco Settlement $12,462 this year over last year $2,378 –
- Motion To Pay Abstracts
- Motion to pay General abstract #8 Vouchers #186-199 $096.15 By Councilman Gildersleeve Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson All in Favor. So carried
- Motion to pay Highway abstract #8 Vouchers #80-86 $8666.77 By Councilwoman Brownson Seconded by Councilman Desmond All in Favor. So carried.
- Motion to pay General Prepaid abstract #8A Vouchers #184-186A (corrected) $222.16 By Councilwoman Lusher Shute Seconded by Gildersleeve. All in Favor. So carried.
- Motion to pay General Prepaid abstract #8B Voucher #201 $156.98 By Councilwoman Lusher Shute Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor. So carried
- Public Communication/Comments To Board-
- Mary Howard-Tobacco settlement should be investigated to be used towards parks.
- Dawn-Any update on Turkey Hill Road repairs-NONE
- Pleasantvale Bridge-It is expected that the county will open a public comment period on design. Supervisor Staats will confirm. Generally the county would prefer wider single lane bridge.
Motion to adjourn at 7:40PM by Councilman Desmond Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in Favor. So carried.
Tracey J Gallant