CLERMONT FIRE COMMISSIONERS
APRIL 15, 2019
The Clermont Fire Commissioners held their regular meeting on Monday, April 15, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall. Those present were Chairwoman Susan Rifenburgh, Commissioner Raymond Bauer and Commissioner Ronald Rifenburgh. Also present were Treasurer Denise Fiore, Chief Lloyd Kukon, Captain Les Coon and Robert Desmond. Commissioner Ronald Miller was absent and there is one vacancy on the board.
Chairwoman Rifenburgh opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
MINUTES: The minutes were reviewed and a motion made to accept them by Commissioner Bauer, seconded by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh. All in favor. So carried.
April 15, 2019 Fire Commissioners’ Treasurer’s Report
RE: March 2019
Total Amount of March 2019 Invoices Paid $ 7,573.86*
$208.06 for Pittsfield Communications deducted from
March abstract because it was previously paid.
RE: April 2019
Proposed April 2019 Invoices $ 3,905.06
Paid April 2019 Invoices 2,144.38
Total $ 6,049.44
Reconciliation of Accounts
The Bank of Greene County Balances to Date
Money Market Checking Balance* $ 212,165.92
*Includes interest paid on 3/31/19 in the amount of $63.81
Checking Balance 2,781.74
Less Outstanding Checks 38.81
Less Bank Error .50
Checking Balance to Date 2,742.43
Money Market & Checking A/C Total $ 214,908.35
Capital Reserve Fund for Fire Equipment $ 29,728.61 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 3.78
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.42
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 3.79
Total $ 29,739.60
Capital Reserve Fund for Constr. &Improvement: $ 33,666.86 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 4.29
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.87
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 4.29
Total $ 33,679.31
Denise Fiore, Treasurer
April 15, 2019
A motion was made to accept the Treasurer’s report by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer. All in favor. So carried.
- Fire District Affairs newsletter for April – May
- Waterway Hose and Ladder Testing Services report for 2019
- RBC Wealth Management Account Statement for March 2019 – $382,834.65
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Commissioner Bauer
Commissioner Bauer reported that the electrician told him that the buried electric line should be 18 inches deep. Rather than moving it now, wait until the work putting down the new blacktop is done.
INSURANCE: Commissioners R. Rifenburgh and Commissioner Miller
FIRE EQUIPMENT: Commissioner Bauer
- The light tower was fixed on 6013.
- Commissioner Bauer asked if the gear dryer can be used to just dry a small item such as gloves. There is not a way to just dry small items.
LOSAP: All Commissioners
LAWS AND POLICIES: All Commissioners
- Commissioner R. Rifenburgh asked if all members have had their FIT tests. He said that they should have it done when they have their physicals. He doesn’t want a delay because the fit tests have to be done before they expire. He doesn’t want to answer to OSHA because they have expired on the interior firefighters.
LEGAL: All Commissioners
- The Treasurer reported that the present accountant, Mark Fitzgerald is retiring and recommends Brian Fitzgerald who is familiar with the town and the district finances to do our financial reporting and audit.
- Sexual Harassment: Commissioner S. Rifenburgh was planning on going to the Sexual Harassment training in Albany, but will not be able to because of a family commitment.
There was one call for March:
- 3/27/19 – Mutual aid to Livingston for a brush fire.
Monthly drills/work details
3/25/19 – Brush fire/pump drill – airport – 10 firefighters attended
3/27/19 – OSHA training #1 – 16 firefighters attended
4/3/19 – OSHA Training #2 – 16 firefighters attended
3/22/19, 3/26/19,3/29/19 – Clean and setup for dinner
3/30/19 – Roast beef dinner
The Chief reported that the hoses and ladders passed the tests, but the suction hose on the portable pump did not.
Equipment should come back from those who have not had their OSHA class or do not intend to take the classes. The Chief will check with them. He thinks that there are several firefighters that may be attending at other firehouses.
A motion was made to pay the bills by Commissioner Bauer, seconded by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh. All in favor. So carried.
- Bob Desmond suggested getting another quote for the accountant position.
- Captain Coon asked if six members can attend Flashover training in Hudson on October 27th, $100.00 if a member of Fire Chiefs Association, $125.00 if not. The six members are Les Coon, Evan Decker, Colin Brown, Sam Williams, Josh Williams and Wes Werner. Also, Assistant Chief Brown and Captain Coon would like to attend a course in Syracuse on June 13,2019 on Aggressive Interior Attack. The cost is $385.00 each.
A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to approve attendance at these courses. All in favor. So carried.
- The bill for refreshments at OSHA training was $251.50. The amount allowed without approval from the Commissioners is $200.00. It should be watched more closely before expended funds.
- The estimated unexpended budget from 2018 is $13,000.00.
- FUEL USAGE: 101 gallons for the month.
- Captain Coon submitted a letter from his employer that he attended Sexual Harassment training at his job and asked if this would be acceptable to the Commissioners. A motion was made to accept by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to adjourn by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh seconded by Commissioner Bauer at 7:40 P.M.
Mary Helen Shannon
Fire District Secretary