CLERMONT FIRE COMMISSIONERS
AUGUST 19, 2019
The Clermont Fire Commissioners held their regular meeting on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall. Those in attendance were Chairwoman Susan Rifenburgh, Commissioner Ronald Rifenburgh, Commissioner Ronald Miller and Commissioner Raymond Bauer. Others present were Treasurer Denise Fiore, Robert Desmond and Firefighter Evan Tompkins
Chairwoman Susan Rifenburgh opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
A motion was made to accept the minutes by Commissioner Miller, seconded by Commissioner Bauer. All in favor. So carried.
August 19, 2019 Fire Commissioners’ Treasurer’s Report
RE: July 2019
Total Amount of July 2019 Invoices Paid $39,926.99
RE: August 2019
Proposed August 2019 Invoices $ 2,409.30
Paid August 2019 Invoices 2,154.61
Total $ 4,563.91
Reconciliation of Accounts
The Bank of Greene County Balances to Date
Money Market Checking Balance* $ 125,385.90
*Includes interest paid on 7/31/19 in the amount of $45.32
Checking Balance 5,583.49
Less Outstanding Checks 2,475.98
Checking Balance to Date 3,107.51
Money Market & Checking A/C Total $ 128,493.41
Capital Reserve Fund for Fire Equipment $ 29,728.61 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 3.78
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.42
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 3.79
Interest 3/31/19 – 4/30/19 3.66
Interest 4/30/19 – 5/31/19 3.79
Interest 5/31/19 – 6/30/19 3.67
Interest 6/30/19 – 7/31/19 4.63
Deposit 7/15/19 unexpended 2018 balance $12,000.00
Total $ 41,755.35
Capital Reserve Fund for Constr. &Improvement: $ 33,666.86 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 4.29
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.87
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 4.29
Interest 3/31/19 – 4/30/19 4.15
Interest 4/30/19 – 5/31/19 4.29
Interest 5/31/19 – 6/30/19 4.15
Interest 6/30/19 – 7/31/19 4.29
Total $ 33,696.19
Denise Fiore, Treasurer
August 19, 2019
MOTION: A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to accept the Treasurer’s report. All in favor. So carried.
- Firefighter Evan Tompkins stopped in and expressed interest in taking a CPR course. The district will sponsor him in taking the course.
- Association of Fire Districts is offering Targeted Regional Training on September 26 in Port Ewen from 6 PM to 9 PM. Topics will include General Secretary duties, legal issues, annual and special elections and communication between district secretary and commissioners. The cost is $25.00 per person.
- RBC Wealth Management account statement for July – $415,666.14.
- Fire District Affairs for August – September was distributed.
- NYS Police Incident report regarding missing radio.
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Commissioner Bauer
- Commissioner Bauer reported that the flag at Station #1 appears to be torn. If so, he will get a new flag at Williams Lumber. He also reported that the water softener seems to be working.
INSURANCE: Commissioners Rifenburgh and Miller
- The claim for the stolen radio will be submitted to the insurance company by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh.
FIRE EQUIPMENT: Commissioner Bauer and Commissioner R. Rifenbugh
- Truck #6013 has an issue with steering. Joes Auto greased the front end. It still has a steering issue. VRS was called and it seems like it is a relief valve.
- On one of the compartments a sensor did not go off when the door was open.
- In the Mini- one compartment light does not go off.
Commissioner Bauer asked if Commissioner R. Rifenburgh will help him out with the fire equipment because he is not that familiar and does not go to fire calls.
LOSAP: All Commissioners
LAWS AND POLICIES: All Commissioners
- Chairwoman Rifenburgh has been looking into the Sexual Harassment policy. She will be working on this. She asked the secretary to find a template for a new policy and posters that can be printed.
LEGAL: All Commissioners
- FIT TESTS: As of a week or so ago Jackie and Evan Decker had not gotten their FIT tests.
- HYDRANTS: We have gotten permission from the Viewmont Church to work on the dry hydrant and Jim Potts will be putting it in.
- AED: The AED was ordered from Garrison but not sure if it has shipped. The address is wrong on the invoice so it needs to be changed. Treasurer Fiore will check into it.
- THERMAL IMAGING CAMERA: Prices on new batteries and/or a new camera are to be looked into by the Chief.
The truck went to the Fireman’s Convention in Chatham. It was realized that there was a problem with the steering. When Commissioner R. Rifenburgh went to check it out he found that the truck was parked close to the gear rack, the gas tank was half full and there was no driver logged in. This is unacceptable.
There was discussion on the new truck and when the first payment would be and what we have to budget for.
There were 11 calls in July as follows:
7/5/19 – Mutual Aid Tivoli – Tivoli Firehouse
7/6/19 – Wire on tree burning – 703 Church Ave.
7/6/19 – Tree down – Woods Road/County Route 6
7/6/19 – Mutual aid Tivoli/Wires down – Davis Lane
7/6/19 – Wires Down – Route 9/Pine Lane/Sharon Drive
7/10/19 – Mutual aid Standby Livingston – structure fire
7/17/19 – Mutual aid Tivoli – AAPI – 8403 Albany Post Road
7/17/19 – Mutual Aid Germantown – Fill site at Palatine Park
7/17/19 – Mutual Aid Germantown –Standby – 1320 Woods Road
7/25/19 – Electrical odor in residence – 850 County Route 8
7/26/19- Generator assistance for medical issue – 555 Lasher Road
MONTHLY DRILLS/WORK DETAILS:
7/22/19 – Draft site hose connections – 6 firefighters
7/23/19 – Drill nozzle trial – 7 firefighters
7/25/19 – Truck detail for parade – 3 firefighters
7/27/19 – Chatham Parade – 6 firefighters
7/30/19 – Driver training/Josh Williams – 2 firefighters
7/31/19 – Driver training/Josh /Williams – 2 firefighters
MOTION TO PAY BILLS: A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to pay the bills. All in favor. So carried.
Treasurer Fiore will check on shipping address.
Bob Desmond asked if a truck went to the Red Hook parade. It did not because it was being used for Les Coon’ wedding.
Next month is the budget meeting.
A motion was made to adjourn by Commissioner Miller, seconded by Commissioner Bauer at 8:20 P.M. All in favor. So carried.
Mary Helen Shannon
Fire District Secretary