CLERMONT FIRE COMMISSIONERS
JULY 15, 2019
The Clermont Fire Commissioners held their regular meeting on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall. Those in attendance were Chairwoman Susan Rifenburgh, Commissioner Ronald Miller, Commissioner Raymond Bauer and Commissioner Ronald Rifenburgh. Others present were Chief Lloyd Kukon, Captain Les Coon, Treasurer Denise Fiore and Robert Desmond.
Chairwoman Susan Rifenburgh opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
MINUTES: A motion was made to accept the minutes was made by Commissioner Ron Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer. All in favor. So carried.
TREASURERS REPORT: July 15, 2019
RE: June 2019
Total Amount of June 2019 Invoices Paid $20,563.44
RE: July 2019
Proposed July 2019 Invoices $ 6,043.97 + 33648.00 = 39691.97*
Paid July 2019 Invoices 235.02
Total $ 6,278.99 + 33648.00 = 39926.99*
*Additional invoices paid for $400.00, $160.00 and $33,088.00.
Reconciliation of Accounts
The Bank of Greene County Balances to Date
Money Market Checking Balance* $ 177,340.58
*Includes interest paid on 6/30/19 in the amount of $54.56
Checking Balance 5,944.33
Less Outstanding Checks 991.69
Checking Balance to Date 4,952.64
Money Market & Checking A/C Total $ 182,293.22
Capital Reserve Fund for Fire Equipment $ 29,728.61 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 3.78
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.42
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 3.79
Interest 3/31/19 – 4/30/19 3.66
Interest 4/30/19 – 5/31/19 3.79
Interest 5/31/19 – 6/30/19 3.67
Total $ 29,750.72
Capital Reserve Fund for Constr. &Improvement: $ 33,666.86 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 4.29
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.87
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 4.29
Interest 3/31/19 – 4/30/19 4.15
Interest 4/30/19 – 5/31/19 4.29
Interest 5/31/19- 6/30/19 4.15
Total $ 33,691.90
Denise Fiore, Treasurer
July 15, 2019
MOTION: A motion was made to accept the Treasurer’s report by Commissioner S. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh. All in favor. So carried.
- RBC Wealth Management Account Statement – June – $383,944.62
- A thank you letter was written to Jimmy Potts for help with blacktopping.
- Physicals were received for Joshua Williams, Daniel Pax Farr, Evan Decker Joseph Scott and Wesley Werner, Jr.
- 2019 Leadership Summit Vendor Expo- Team Fire Services Activities
- Lead Agency Designation Notice for Carmelite Sisters from Clermont Planning Board to build a 2200 sq. foot guest house on the Woods Road property.
Chairwoman Rifenburgh reviewed those that have had their physicals and their OSHA classes. There are two members who have not had their physicals, Natasha Moyer Brown and Ryan Brown and one member, Harry Pease, who has not had a physical or OSHA training. Letters will be written that their status will be inactive until these are done and also that they should return any gear or radios within two weeks. They should contact the Chief with any questions. There are also two members who did not have their FIT tests, Evan Decker and Jackie Therrian Decker. The Chief will contact them.
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Commissioner Bauer
911 Sign – The 911 sign at Station #1 needs to be replaced. Commissioner R. Rifenburgh will get the new sign and has the numbers for it.
INSURANCE: Commissioners R. Rifenburgh and Miller
A police report is still needed for the insurance claim for the missing portable/radio. Will check with Assistant Chief Brown about it.
FIRE EQUIPMENT: Commissioner Bauer
Commissioner R. Rifenburgh asked where the fire extinguisher is for truck #6012 that has not been on the truck since February. It is believed that it is in the firehouse but it should be on the truck.
LOSAP: All Commissioners
Received participant statements from PENFLEX and they will be distributed to the members by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh.
LAWS AND POLICIES: All Commissioners
LEGAL: All Commissioners
- HYDRANTS: Jim Potts will help put in the new equipment in the dry hydrant on Cemetery Road. It was discussed to do this hydrant and then plan for doing others.
- AED: Captain Coon received one quote from Garrison on the cost of a new unit. Two others did not respond, MES and Mark Hildebrand. Garrison’s quote is $2,020.00 not including shipping. A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to purchase the AED from Garrison and pay for it from the Chiefs budget. The Captain will order it.
- THERMAL IMAGING CAMERA: Captain Coon will get prices on batteries for the thermal imaging camera we have and on a new camera similar to what we have.
- TIVOLI FIRE DEPARTMENT: There was discussion about the loss of Tivoli’s trucks, ambulance and damage to their firehouse on July 5, 2019.
- GRANT: We have not heard anything regarding the grant.
- TRUCK PAYMENTS: Treasurer Fiore has transferred $12,000 for the payment of the truck.
There were five calls in June:
6/1/19 – Mutual aid to Germantown – Barn Fire – Lasher Avenue
6/1/19 – Alarm activation – Inflight, Mill Road
6/2/19 – CO Detector activation – 1500 Route 9
6/3/19 – Chemical odor – 574 Nevis Road
6/22/19 – AAPI – Nevis Road and Route 9
6/23/19 – Mutual aid drill with Livingston tanker and pumper exercises – 7 firefighters
6/24/19 – Company drill – hose advancement into 2nd floor. Operations of hose and nozzle, air pack operations – 10 firefighters
- The Chief would like to use Truck 6013 for the convention/parade in Chatham.
- A pipe is being installed for a hydrant at the Carmelite Sisters.
- The Chief has offered help to Tivoli when they need it. They will respond under mutual aid when called.
- Call Sheets: The Chief has noticed changes have been made to the call sheets after he has completed them and will be discussing this will the other officers. There were discussions on who is in charge at a scene.
Treasurer Fiore has amended the July proposed bills by adding $400.00 for Emergency Response Technology, $160.00 for Tracey Gallant and $33,088.00 to Penflex for LOSAP.
MOTION TO PAY BILLS: A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Miller to pay the bills as amended. All in favor. So carried.
There was discussion about paying for the calls entered into the state system before they are actually entered. Chairwoman Rifenburgh will speak with Tracey about this.
FUEL USAGE: 45.9 gallons reported by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh.
Captain Coon asked if Truck #6013 could be used to take him to the church on August 17th for his wedding. This was approved by the Commissioners.
He also reported that the water softener at Station #1 is not working properly.
Captain Coon also asked the owner at 577 County Route 6 if we could put in a hydrant there and they said that it will be fine. He asked for additional funds in the training budget next year.
A motion was made to adjourn at 8:20 P.M. by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Miller.
Mary Helen Shannon, Secretary
Clermont Fire Commissioners