CLERMONT FIRE COMMISSIONERS
NOVEMBER 18, 2019
The Clermont Fire Commissioners held their regular meeting on Monday, November 18, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall. Those in attendance were Chairwoman Susan Rifenburgh, Commissioner Ronald Rifenburgh, Commissioner Ronald Miller and Commissioner Raymond Bauer. Others present were Chief Lloyd Kukon, Captain Les Coon, Second Assistant Chief Evan Decker, Treasurer Denise Fiore, Robert Desmond, Joel Margot of Avon Protection Fire and Kevin Walsh of MES Fire.
Chairwoman Rifenburgh opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
Mr. Margot did a presentation on his companies thermal imaging cameras. Prices ranged from $6500.00 to 4200.00 with varying warranties from 5 years to 3 years, battery life warranties etc. The two higher priced units have the hot and cold locator and one has the compass and laser pointer. Mr. Walsh presented the products from MES ranging from $8600.00 to $2400.00, warranties and battery life up to 8 hours on some units. They do not have the hot and cold locator or compass or laser feature on their products.
MINUTES: A motion was made by Commissioner Bauer, seconded by Commissioner Miller to accept the minutes of the October meeting. All in favor. So carried.
November 18, 2019 Fire Commissioners’ Treasurer’s Report
RE: October 2019
Total Amount of October 2019 Invoices Paid $27,719.57
RE: November 2019
Proposed November 2019 Invoices $ 981.06
Paid November 2019 Invoices 2,307.31
Total $ 3,288.37
Reconciliation of Accounts
The Bank of Greene County Balances to Date
Money Market Checking Balance* $ 90,475.98
*Includes interest paid on 10/31/19 in the amount of $18.85
Checking Balance 3,745.71
Less Outstanding Checks 2,116.75
Checking Balance to Date 1,628.96
Money Market & Checking A/C Total $ 92,104.94
Capital Reserve Fund for Fire Equipment $ 29,728.61 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 3.78
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.42
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 3.79
Interest 3/31/19 – 4/30/19 3.66
Interest 4/30/19 – 5/31/19 3.79
Interest 5/31/19 – 6/30/19 3.67
Interest 6/30/19 – 7/31/19 4.63
Deposit 7/15/19 unexpended 2018 balance 12,000.00
Interest 7/31/19 – 8/31/19 5.32
Interest 8/31/19 – 9/30/19 5.15
Interest 9/30/19 – 10/31/19 5.32
Total $ 41,771.14
Capital Reserve Fund for Constr. &Improvement: $ 33,666.86 (as of 12/31/18)
Interest 12/31/18 – 1/31/19 $ 4.29
Interest 1/31/19 – 2/28/19 3.87
Interest 2/28/19 – 3/31/19 4.29
Interest 3/31/19 – 4/30/19 4.15
Interest 4/30/19 – 5/31/19 4.29
Interest 5/31/19 – 6/30/19 4.15
Interest 6/30/19 – 7/31/19 4.29
Interest 7/31/19 – 8/31/19 4.29
Interest 8/31/19 – 9/30/19 4.15
Interest 9/30/19 – 10/31/19 4.29
Total $ 33,708.92
Denise Fiore, Treasurer
November 18, 2019
MOTION: A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to accept the Treasurer’s Report. All in favor. So carried.
- RBC Wealth Management Account Statement – October $412,093.68
- Fire Commissioners Training presented by Mark Butler law offices.
- Physicals for Josh Williams and Jackie Therrien Decker.
- Private Fire Alarm System reports that were given to Code Enforcement from 2014 to present.
- Penflex – Service Fee Agreements for Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans to be signed by Chairwoman.
- Check received from Friends of Clermont for $100.00 for standby at propane pump out/flare off at the State historic site. This check should go to the Fire Company. Treasurer Fiore will deposit and then issue check to the Company.
- We have been notified that we did not receive the grant for gear.
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Commissioner Bauer
INSURANCE: Commissioners R. Rifenburgh and Miller
FIRE EQUIPMENT: Commissioners Bauer and R. Rifenburgh
- Truck 6013 steering problem has been resolved.
- Truck 6010 will go out of service on Monday for a wiring problem.
- The radio on 6010 does not scan. It will be checked out.
- The new truck may be in earlier than expected, possibly January or February.
LOSAP: All Commissioners
We will check on new members that may be eligible under the defined contribution plan policy effective 1/1/19.
LAWS AND POLICIES: All Commissioners
- The NYS Sexual Harassment training for Commissioners and firefighters will be scheduled at the same time as the OSHA Class. Only firefighters will have to attend both. The cost will be an additional $100.00 added onto the $400 for OSHA.
MOTION: The Fire District Sexual Harassment Policy was reviewed and a motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh, seconded by Commissioner Miller to adopt Resolution No. 22 of 2019. After a roll call vote, the motion passed.
LEGAL: All Commissioners
Thermal Imaging Cameras: Commissioner R. Rifenburgh researched the cameras and FLIR showed to be the best one on the market at this time. Mark Hildenbrand is a salesperson for these cameras but he did not come to this meeting, stating that he did not have a camera to show the Commissioners. Commissioner R. Rifenburgh would like to arrange a meeting to see these cameras.
Truck #6010 needs a new light bulb at a cost of $90.00 plus tax.
A motion was made to purchase by Commissioner Miller, seconded by Commissioner Bauer. All in favor. So carried.
There is a new mutual aid plan with the County which has to be signed and back to the county by the end of year. There was discussion about the Commissioners reading the entire plan and then voting on it in December. Commissioner R. Rifenburgh will email it to those who would like to read it.
There were five calls in October as follows:
10/1/19 Alarm activation – 3847 Route 9G
10/3/19 – Alarm activation – 3847 Route 9G
10/10/19 – Alarm activation – 651 County Route 6
10/11/19 – Alarm activation – 6 Sharon Drive
10/25/19 – Mutual Aid with Livingston – Standby and on scene, Beaver Road
10/27/19 – Flashover training (Hudson Station) 6 firefighters attended
10/28/19 – Chimney Fires and Thermal Imaging camera – 9 firefighters attended
- The Chief reported that on 11/6/19 air packs were serviced as well as the compressor.
- Five bottles were sent out for a static test.
- The was a call on Massello Road that was in Livingston’s district but Clermont handled it for them.
A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh to pay the bills, seconded by Commissioner Bauer. All in favor. So carried.
Commissioner R.Rifenburgh reported that there was 50 gals of fuel used, 17 ½ inches as of 10/15/19.
Station #1 and #2 were both cleaned on October 30th.
Bob Desmond pointed out that the cost for the Sexual Harassment training is not far from what the town paid for our Sexual Harassment training.
Captain Les Coon thanked the commissioners for the use of truck #6013 for his wedding. He reported that Sam Williams said that the winch is bound up on #6013.
We should get a cover for the winch on #6010. A motion was made by Commissioner R. Rifenburgh to buy a cover, seconded by Commissioner Miller. All in favor. So carried.
Mary Helen Shannon, Secretary
Clermont Fire District