Town Board – August 2021
TOWN BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 9, 2021
The Clermont Town Board held their regular monthly meeting on Monday August 9th, 2021 at the Town Hall. Those presents were Supervisor Raymond Staats, Councilman Robert Desmond, Councilman Kris Gildersleeve, Councilwoman Dawn Brownson and Councilwoman Lindsey Lusher Shute. Members of the public were also present.
Supervisor Staats opened the regular meeting with the salute to the flag at 7PM.
The minutes of the July meeting were previously distributed to the board and accepted. Motion to accept Minutes by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in favor. So, carried.
- TOWN CLERK’S REPORT: The Town Clerk read the town clerk’s report for July and presented the Supervisor with a check for the General Fund for $2,090.03.
- Mail Review-Nothing to report
- Web Committee-Nothing to report
- Councilman Desmond -Reported on the Highway departments request for the chipper.
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute reported on the Park Committee. New hire Part time labor Peter Walsh is doing well.
- Councilwoman Brownson reported on the Quotes for the Porta-Potty enclosures, bike racks and swings.
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute reported on the Climate Smart Committee Group
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute provided the new form for public use “Zoning Complaint Form” Town Board reviewed and some recommendations were made. The form and its use will be discussed further at a later meeting.
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute provided a job description for the desired additional position of Communications Assistant. Further discussion will be required regarding plan for Live Feed and or recordings of meetings.
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute discussed further the Agricultural Advisory Committee request. More information to be provided at a later meeting.
- Councilman Gildersleeve will supply a possible draft version of the Right to Farm information.
- Councilman Gildersleeve has ordered a new POW/MIA flag, new flags will be put up.
- Councilwoman Brownson reported on the Grant submission for the potential pavilion at Hettling park.
- Councilwoman Brownson has heard complaints regarding Southwind on the West side of the river.
- Updated Zoning/Planning Fee schedule will be tabled to next month
- ARPA Funding-We have received first check $95,278.78 Guidelines are not clear. Expected changes to the guidelines for use over the next several months. We have until 2026 to spend.
- September meeting date change from September 6th (Labor Day) to Tuesday September 7th. Meeting change will be posted in Newspaper, website and door prior to meeting.
- Speed Limit reduction requests discussions. Any requests for a speed study require a resolution to be passed.
- Resolution #42-2021 Buckwheat Bridge Road Speed Study Motion made Councilman Desmond Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in favor. So, carried.
- Resolution #43-2021 Hill n Dale Road Speed Study Motion made Councilman Desmond Seconded by Councilwoman Gildersleeve. All in favor. So, carried.
- Budget Workshop September 13th 6PM. Will be posted in Newspaper, website and door prior to workshop.
- Sales Tax revenue—Largest check every received by Clermont, reported to be 20% higher than past checks.
A motion was made by Councilwoman Brownson, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve to approve General #8A, vouchers #202-221 in the amount of $3,660.90 to be paid. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made by Councilman Gildersleeve, seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute to approve Highway abstract #8, vouchers #62-69 in the amount of $33,435.37 to be paid. All in favor. So carried.
PUBLIC COMMENT: No Public comments
A motion was made to adjourn at 7:45 P.M. by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in favor. So carried.
Tracey J Gallant