Town Board – January 2021
TOWN BOARD MINUTES
JANUARY 4, 2021
The Clermont Town Board held its regular monthly meeting following the Organizational meeting on Monday, January 4, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. virtually due to the Coronavirus – COVID 19. Those present were Supervisor Raymond Staats, Councilman Robert Desmond, Councilwoman Dawn Brownson, Councilman Kris Gildersleeve, Councilwoman Lindsey Lusher Shute and Deputy Town Clerk Tracey Gallant.
Supervisor Staats opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
At the Organizational meeting Resolution # 32 was approved contingent upon the salary for 2021 for the Tax Collector being verified, as the Town Clerk questioned whether or not there was an increase.
MINUTES: Councilwoman Brownson made one correction in the minutes for December 7th on page 45, Committee reports, Iroquois Grant should be America Walks Grant. Councilwoman Lusher Shute noted that there is no hyphen in her last name. These errors will be corrected. A motion was made to approve the minutes of December 7th with corrections by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to approve the minutes of the December 28th year end meeting by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in favor. So carried.
TOWN CLERK’S REPORT:
The Deputy Town Clerk, Tracey Gallant, read the December Town Clerk’s report and submitted a check to the Supervisor for the General fund in the amount of $7,841.66. She has requested that our Building Inspector submit his receipts on a more regular basis.
- The Deputy Town Clerk received information regarding the Association of Towns Conference and Training which will be held virtually from February 14th – February 17th. It will be available for board members.
- Supervisor Staats received a letter of resignation from Mary Helen Shannon, Town Clerk effective at the close of this meeting.
- Councilman Desmond thanked Town Clerk Mary Helen Shannon, who is retiring after this meeting, for her years of service to the Town and the help to board members.
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute reported that the park committee will be looking into projects that they can begin with in the spring. She also thanked the Town Clerk.
- Councilman Gildersleeve did order the voice recorder that was approved at the previous meeting. He also got the memory card, security lock table and microphone.
- Councilwoman Brownson reported that we did not get the America Walks grant funding. She will apply for the Bank of Green County grant for up to $2500.00 for the bicycle racks due January 16th.
- Town Clerk Shannon thanked the board for all there help over the years and making her job a pleasure. She will miss working with all the boards and the residents of Clermont.
Supervisor Staats reported that we did receive a check for the CHIPS funding in the amount of $52,790.03.
- Supervisor Staats asked for a motion to appoint Deputy Town Clerk Tracey Gallant to fill the unexpired term of Town Clerk Shannon until 12/31/2021. A motion was made by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in favor. So carried.
- The Town Board will meet on Saturday, January 16 at 10:00 AM to audit the books of the Supervisor, Town Clerk, Tax Collector and Justices and to review the town policies. They will also interview any interested parties to fill a vacant position on the Zoning Board of Appeals at ll:00 AM.
- RESOLUTION NO. 38-2021-The Supervisor received a resolution from the Assessor regarding Real Property Tax Law Exemptions for Seniors and Disabled Exemptions to be considered at this meeting for approval. This would not require a renewal application be made by seniors who are currently receiving the exemptions for Senior Citizens and Limited Income Disability. A motion was made to approve by Councilwoman Lusher Shute, seconded by Councilman Desmond. All in favor. So carried.
The Supervisor announced that for the safety of our residents, the Town Hall will be closed because of the recent spread of COVID19. Continue to check the website for any further information.
- A motion was made by Councilman Desmond to pay General abstract #1, vouchers 1 – 17 in the amount of $20,443.50, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in favor. So carried.
- A motion was made by Councilman Desmond to pay Highway abstract #1, vouchers #1 – 3 in the amount of $4,241.47, seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to adjourn by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve at 8:00 P.M
Mary Helen Shannon, RMC