Town Board – October 2021
TOWN BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 4, 2021
The Clermont Town Board held their regular monthly meeting on Monday October 4th, 2021 at the Town Hall. Those presents were Supervisor Raymond Staats, Councilman Robert Desmond, Councilman Kris Gildersleeve, Councilwoman Dawn Brownson and Councilwoman Lindsey Lusher Shute. Members of the public were also present.
Supervisor Staats opened the regular meeting 7PM with the salute to the flag.
The minutes of the September meeting were previously distributed to the board. Motion to accept Minutes by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in favor. So, carried.
- TOWN CLERK’S REPORT: The Town Clerk read the town clerk’s report for September and presented the Supervisor with a check for the General Fund for $83.51.
- Mail Review-Distributed to Board members prior to meeting-
- Web Committee-Nothing to report
- Councilman Desmond reported on Highway Department.
- Turkey Hill Road-Weight Limit needed for repairs-No signs yet-should be in soon
- Broken axle on tractor fixed along the roadway during the rainstorm. Cost about $600 for parts. Saved considerable repair costs by completing it via highway personel.
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute report:
- Climate Smart committee task force-Presentation in December requested by committee-Task force is looking more members-If interested reach out.
- Lindsey, Dawn and Ellen will present for the Park committee
Investigating and obtaining estimates for porta-potty enclosures 3 estimates have been received. 3 different styles/designs
Clermont Park Sign near the Swings is Broken and has been removed
2 Kiosks needed 1 for each park
Park bench locations discussed
Discussion regarding additional trees for each side of the bench in the overflow parking area. . Motion made to purchase 2 trees and mulch up to $500 by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilwoman Brownson.
Also interest in planting trees near the Veterans monument
- Councilman Gildersleeve report:
- Handout to the board information regarding farmland preservation for review
- Councilwoman Brownson report:
- Columbia Land Conservancy check received
- Bike racks, motion made to approve purchase of 2 Waves bike racks $886.00 Motion by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve
- Park committee looking for ways to meet the matching grant. Can GoFundMe be used?
- Columbia County Historian 10/28 7PM Legacy of Sleepy Hollow
- Parking Lot repair-as good as it will get-Will send check that has been held for the repair work
- Changes to summary of tentative budget for 2022
- Repair costs for Turkey Hill $12000 estimate for engineering with ~ $25,000 repairs
- $3000. For recording meetings
- $2000. For website help
- $5000 for court security
- $25000 for Comp Plan update
- $205000. For Truck
- NO Tax increase-Flat
Motion to accept amended preliminary Budget made by Councilman Gildersleeve, Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in Favor. So carried.
Public Hearing to be scheduled for 11/1 at 6:55PM
Proposed Local Law 01-2021 read aloud by Clerk
Public Hearing scheduled for Cannabis opt out on 11/1 at 6:45PM
Public Notices to be posted.
- Zoning complaint Form-Motion made to accept/adopt form by Councilwoman Lusher Shute, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson.
- Mining information will be reviewed by Attorney before any discussion-update next month
SUPERVISORS REPORT: The county is discussing possible no tax increases. Update as it progresses
A motion was made by Councilwoman Brownson , seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve to approve Trust & Agency abstract #6 , vouchers #25-28 in the amount of $1,098.05 to be paid. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made by Councilwoman Gildersleeve, seconded by Councilwoman Brownson , to approve General abstract #10, vouchers #244-253 in the amount of $5,056.66 All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made by Councilwoman Lusher Shute , seconded by Councilman Desmond to approve Highway abstract #10, vouchers #89-94 in the amount of $3,929.03 to be paid. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made to adjourn at 8:15 P.M. by Councilman Desmond, seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in favor. So carried.
Tracey J Gallant