Town of Clermont
June 6th, 2022
Councilman Gildersleeve absent
- Call Meeting to Order @7PM by Supervisor Staats. Meeting started with a moment of Silence for the recent passing of longtime Planning Board Member Clayton Andrus-
- Clayton Started with the planning board in 1995 and was the representative from the Town of Clermont for the Office for the Aging.
- Approval of prior Town Board Meeting Minutes-
- Approval of April minutes, Motion to accept by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor So Carried
- Approval of May minutes, Motion to accept by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in Favor So Carried
- Town Clerk Report- Total for General Fund $1628.51.
- Total report for May 2022 $1631.51
- Written communications/Mail review
- Update on phone services from Gtel-Will get estimate
- Correspondence for Web Committee-
- Mary Howard reported continued work on Comprehensive plan updates to the website with Councilman Gildersleeve.
- Park Committee would like calendar with schedule for use of Park. At this time there are no scheduled teams using the park. First come First serve.
- Committee Reports and Updates
- Bob-Highway department-Still waiting on chipper.
- Lindsey-Park committee-Looking to hire Part time Temp Laborer. Tyler has agreed to hire and supervise. Motion to approve by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor So Carried
- Dawn- Columbia County Historians are discussing the 250th Anniversary in 2026. First meeting end of June. Suggesting each town have a committee for their part of the celebration. Councilman Brownson will continue to do research from previous Anniversary celebrations.
- Purple Heart Community Signs-Will report back with options
- List of past park donors-Needs help with names
- Park swingsets-Some tiles are sunken but not broken yet.
- NYS Grant-will apply for the Comp. Plan Grant. David Salzas will assist.
- Bill Better is the county historian and is very passionate about his position and is doing a great job.
- Old Business
- Charging Stations-Investor has withdrawn/pulled out. Charging stations are currently on hold-Looking for alternatives
- Comprehensive Plan Mary Howard presented response to final question from each applicant. Supervisor Staats thanks Mary for her contribution and hard work she has put into this project.
- Board discussed applicants and final decision was for Labella with the price of $94545.00 Motion to approve by Councilwoman Brownson, Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in Favor So Carried. Mary Howard will reach out to applicants to let them know the decision and to start the contract with Labella.
- New Business
- Park committee-Presented by Ellen
- Garbage is an ongoing issue within the park as well as Dog waste. The committee presented Trash can options as well as Dog stations. Board requested to start with the three 50 Gallon Trash cans. Motion to approve by Councilwoman Brownson, Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in Favor So Carried
- Green Clermont Park street sign—Can this be removed?
- Monument-poppie plants, seeds and wildflowers have been planted
- Town Credit Card policy-Will be sent to Attorney for review
- Planning Board Vacancy-Interviews-Schedule for 6/23 starting at 6PM in 30 minute intervals.
- Deputy Building Inspector-Appoint John Fieser- Motion to approve by Supervisor Staats, Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in Favor So Carried
- Park committee-Presented by Ellen
- Supervisors Report
- 1st Quarter sales tax in-Very High-budgeted for $400000. This year.
- Stone topping County Route 6 to preserve life of paved road
- Motion To Pay Abstracts
- Motion to pay Highway abstract #6 Vouchers #58-67 $10105.53 By Councilman Desmond Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson All in Favor. So carried.
- Motion to pay General abstract #6 Vouchers #130-157 $7973.51 By Councilwoman Brownson Seconded by Councilman Desmond. All in Favor. So carried.
- Motion to pay Prepaid General abstract #6A Vouchers #127-129 $236.80 By Councilwoman Lusher Shute Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson All in Favor. So carried
- Motion to pay Trust & Agency abstract #4 Vouchers #12 $60.00 By Councilwoman Lusher Shute Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor. So carried.
- Public Communication/Comments To Board-
- Question regarding rumor of closing Buckwheat Bridge Road Bridge-Bridge will not be closed however the roadway on Clermont side of Bridge will be stone topped soon. County is responsible for maintenance/repair of the bridges. There is a possibility the bridge could have restricted traffic.
Motion to adjourn at 8:25PM by Councilman Desmond Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute. All in Favor. So carried.
Tracey J Gallant