Town of Clermont
Date: March 7, 2022
Call Meeting to Order by Supervisor Staats at 7PM
Assessment Presentation-by Assessor Cheryl Kaszluga
Discussed equalization rates
Assessed values may increase up to 20%
This does not mean a significant increase in property taxes
Also distributed fact sheet with key dates
Approval of prior Town Board Meeting Minutes
Motion made to accept by Councilwoman Brownson
Seconded by Councilwoman Lusher Shute
All in favor.
- Town Clerk Report-
The Town Clerk read the town clerk’s report for February and presented the Supervisor with a check for the General Fund for $2,128.021 and Trust and Agency for $20,000.00.
- Mail Review
Public Notice-regarding new area code proposed for the southeastern portion of NYS-Current 845 customers would retain their number. A new number would only be assigned when the current 845 numbers are exhausted.
KISS-Keeping Identities of Seniors Safe-Shredding box will be available during Town Hall Business hours through 3/26/22
Columbia Opportunities-Weatherization program-Information available at Town Hall.
- Correspondence for Web Committee
Town Hall Stream posted on website for February Meeting
Committee Reports and Updates
- Councilman Desmond
- Nature trail in park
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute
Climate Smart Task Force-
Electric Vehicle Charging Station.
Committee is interested in doing an alternative energy event later this spring-to be discussed at next board meeting.
Open meeting law-Would like to discuss at next meeting.
- Councilman Gildersleeve
Anti virus update on Town Computers
- Councilwoman Brownson
2 Grants pending Bank of Greene County and Columbia Land Conservancy-no response yet
– Interviews Building Inspector and BAR
Interviews conducted on past Saturday
1 additional interview tonight for Building Inspector
1 interested party for the BAR position
– Charging Stations-Contract emailed for consideration-will need to be reviewed by attorney prior to next meeting. Additional discussion followed
– Fuel Oil Charges-Error found in amount of Fuel Oil used. Supervisor spoke to Valley Oil-records have been reconciled and corrected
– Recordings Town Meetings-Supervisor did find out that we cannot force other Boards/Committees to use the recordings/town hall streams. Per the the Attorney Yes the Town can pass a resolution requiring all Boards to record meetings. However, the Attorney made a recommendation that the Town allow each respective board to vote on its own use. Supervisor Staats spoke to both Board Chairmans and encouraged them to record and they would both speak to their respective boards. Additional discussion followed.
– Additional Duties/Position Deputy Clerk
Discussed if it was needed for an additional paid position for the town for work that is already distributed.
Newsletter-Discussion regarding needs for this and the content.
- Appointment BAR Member-Al Costello has volunteered and will be appointed to fill the remainder of the open term until 9/30/24. Motion made by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in Favor. So Carried.
- Hate-Resolution 42 of 2022
Motion made by Councilwoman Lusher Shute Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson All in Favor So Carried
- Zoning Enforcement -Some local infractions that need to be addressed and resolved. CPL will be asked to help cover as needed.
- Park update by Ellen
- Comprehensive Plan update by Mary Howard
Supervisor Report-Nothing to report at this time.
Motion To Pay Abstracts
General Prepaid Abstract 3A #43 to #4 $426.07 Motion made to approve by Councilman Desmond, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor. So Carried.
General Abstract 3 #46 to #74 $8,227.31. Motion made to approve by Councilman Gildersleeve, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor. So Carried.
General Abstract 3B #75 $570.00 Motion made to approve by Councilwoman Lusher Shute, Seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in Favor. So Carried.
Trust & Agency Abstract 2 #6 $214.50 Motion made to approve by Councilwoman Lusher Shute, Seconded by Councilwoman Brownson. All in Favor. So Carried.
Highway Abstract 3 #16-30 $17,026.13 Motion made to approve by Councilwoman Brownson, Seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in Favor. So Carried.
Public Communication/Comments To Board-Tentative rolls will be posted March 1st. You may access through County Site-Findings can be discussed with assessor through May 1st.
No further business will be conducted after Executive Session.
Executive Session–Motion to enter Executive session made by Councilman Desmond and seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve at 8:27PM regarding Building Insp. Position/interview. All in Favor. So Carried.
Adjourned Executive Session at 8:58 PM. Motion made by Councilman Gildersleeve, Seconded by Councilman Desmond. All in Favor. So Carried.
Motion To Adjourn at 8:58 PM. Motion made by Councilman Desmond. Seconded by Councilman Gildersleeve. All in Favor. So Carried.
Tracey J Gallant, Town Clerk