CLERMONT FIRE COMMISSIONERS
FEBRUARY 17, 2020
The Clermont Fire Commissioners held their monthly meeting on Monday, February 17, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall. Those in attendance were Commissioner Susan Rifenburgh, Commissioner Laurence Saulpaugh, Commissioner Ronald Miller, Commissioner Raymond Bauer and Commissioner Joseph Scott, Jr. Also present were Chief Lloyd Kukon, 1st Assistant Evan Decker, Treasurer Denise Fiore, Robert Desmond and Peter Fingar of Fingar Insurance Agency.
Chairwoman Rifenburgh opened the meeting with the salute to the flag.
MINUTES: A motion was made to accept the minutes of the January 20, 2020 Organizational Meeting and the regular meeting by Commissioner Saulpaugh, seconded by Commissioner Miller. All in favor. So carried.
Chairwoman Rifenburgh introduced Peter Fingar of Fingar Insurance Agency to speak to the board regarding our insurance coverage for 2020-2021. He went over all of our coverage and the limits of liability for each. Our liability limit for Mutual aid is $1,000,000.00 with an umbrella amount of $3,000,000.00. Our premium is increased by $312.00 to $12,217. Of this, the fire company will pay $1,869. The Commissioners thanked him for coming in.
February 17, 2020 Fire Commissioners’ Treasurer’s Report
RE: January 2020
Total Amount of January 2020 Invoices Paid________________$ 4,885.39
RE: February 2020
Proposed February 2020 Invoices ________________________$ 17,364.66
Paid February 2020 Invoices _____________________________$ 2,892.30
Reconciliation of Accounts
The Bank of Greene County Balances to Date
Money Market Checking Balance________________________$ 75,507.52*
*Includes interest paid on 1/31/2020 in the amount of $10.02
Does not include deposit $167,664.00 made on 2/10/2020
Checking Balance______________________________________$ 3,219.94
Less Outstanding Checks________________________________$ 2,200.50
Checking Balance to Date_______________________________$ 1,019.44
Money Market & Checking A/C Total______________________$ 76,526.96
Capital Reserve Fund for Fire Equipment__________________$41,786.91 (as of 12/31/19)
—-Interest 1/1/2020 – 1/31/2020________________________$ 5.30
Capital Reserve Fund for Constr. &Improvement: __________$ 33,717.36 (as of 12/31/19)
———–Interest 1/1/2020 – 1/31/2020________________________$ 4.28
Denise Fiore, Treasurer
February 17, 2020
A motion was made by Commissioner Saulpaugh, seconded by Commissioner Miller to accept the Treasurers report for February. All in favor. So carried.
- Physical for Lloyd Kukon received
- RBC Wealth Management annual statement for 2019 – $418,454.77
- RBC Wealth Management statement for January – $417,160.42.
- Milan Contract for 2020 to be signed and returned for signature.
- Association of Fire Distracts newsletter for February – March.
- The lease with the fire company for the bays at Station #1 will expire on June 30, 2025.
- Four members attended the Stop the Bleed Course – Les Coon, Lloyd Kukon, Evan Decker and Evan Tompkins.
- Treasurer Fiore reported that the tax cap for 2021 will be 1.8%.
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Commissioners Bauer and Saulpaugh
- Commissioner Bauer would like to put an electric eye for the outside light because he sees that it is left on a lot. Will try putting up a sign first to turn off light.
- Suggested putting up some kind of fencing, such as stockade, for the extrication area.
The chief has been talking with Commissioners Bauer and Saulpaugh on this.
INSURANCE: Commissioners Miller and Scott
- This was discussed with Peter Fingar earlier in the meeting.
FIRE EQUIPMENT: Commissioners Bauer and Saulpaugh
- Truck 6034 – There was a problem with the charging system. Assistant Chief Decker will order three new batteries, which he believes is the problem, and put them in tomorrow.
- The left rear brake has been hanging up. It was suggested having the truck checked out by Ben Funk for any issues before listing it for sale. An appointment will be made to take it to Ben Funk’s. Commissioner Bauer asked if the equipment check off sheets are being done and was told they are.
LOSAP: Commissioners S. Rifenburgh ad Miller
- Commissioners Rifenburgh and Miller will be working on this before next meeting.
LAWS AND POLICIES: All Commissioners
LEGAL: All Commissioners
- Drivers Testing – Commissioner Bauer asked if Ron Rifenburgh will still be doing the drivers testing? The Chief will work with Ron Rifenburgh and Assistant Chief Decker using the pumper.
- The County offers the EVOC Course.
- The Chief reported that because of the Cancer benefit program, gear has to be cleaned down and cannot be returned to the firehouse until it is decontaminated. It must be recorded on the call sheet that the gear was decontaminated.
There were five calls in January as follows:
1/6/20 – CO Detector activation – 149 Common s Road
1/10/20 – Automatic Fire alarm – 651 County Route 6
1/12/20 – Automatic Fire Alarm – 651 County Route 6
1/22/20 – Chimney Fire – 930 Woods Road
1/27/20 – Automatic Fire Alarm – 726 Woods Road
Monthly Drills/Work Details
1/6/20 – Officers Meeting – 6 firefighters attended
1/27/20 – Ice Rescue Drill – 7 firefighters attended
1/29/20 – Ice Rescue Drill – Airport – 7 Firefighters attended
1/30/20 – Special Detail – Bingo at Firemens Home – 7 firefighters attended
- The Chief reported that the dates for OSHA training have been set.
- He has asked to purchase SCBA masks, one large, one small from MES for $598.00 for both. A motion was made by Commissioner Miller, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to purchase two masks for $598.00. All in favor. So carried.
- The Chief asked to buy gloves from NY Fire Equipment, one small for $75.00, and 4 hoods for $90.00 each ($360.00). A motion was made by Commissioner Miller, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to purchase one small pair of gloves at $75.00 and 4 hoods at $90.00 each. All in favor. So carried.
- Will be meeting with Tivoli Fire Department on mutual aid response radio communications.
- The County Training Center should be operational in May with certified instructors.
- The pump test and servicing will be done this year. The hose test was done last year.
- A new blinker was installed on Truck 6034.
- Purchases of stop and slow signs and winch cover totaling $170.03
- Assistant Chief Decker would like to build a roof ventilation system frame for training and braces for hydrant at an approximate cost of $250.00. A motion was made by Commissioner Miller, seconded by Commissioner Bauer to spend up to $300.00 for the ventilation frame for training and braces for hydrants. All in favor. So carried.
A motion was made by Commissioner Bauer, seconded by Commissioner Saulpaugh to pay the bills with the addition of $170.03. All in favor. So carried.
Commissioner Bauer submitted the fuel report showing 125.7 gallons used.
A motion was made to adjourn at 8:40 P.M. by Commissioner Bauer, seconded by Commissioner Miller.
Mary Helen Shannon, Secretary
Clermont Fire District