CLERMONT FIRE COMMISSIONERS
MARCH 16, 2020
The Clermont Fire Commissioners held their monthly meeting on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall. Those in attendance were Commissioner Susan Rifenburgh, Commissioner Laurence Saulpaugh, Commissioner Ronald Miller, Commissioner Raymond Bauer and Commissioner Joseph Scott, Jr. Also present was Treasurer Denise Fiore.
Chairwoman Rifenburgh opened the meeting with the salute to the flag and said that meeting would be an open format discussion and would not follow the normal Monthly Meeting Agenda due to COVID-19.
MINUTES: A motion was made to accept the minutes of the February 17, 2020 meeting with one correction on Page 2 correcting the Tax Cap from 1.81% to 1.8 by Commissioner Saulpaugh, seconded by Commissioner Bauer. All in favor. So carried.
March 16, 2020 Fire Commissioners’ Treasurer’s Report
RE: February 2020
Total Amount of February 2020 Invoices Paid ________________________$ 20,474.97
RE: March 2020
Proposed March 2020 Invoices ____________$ 9,428.05
Paid March 2020 Invoices ________________$ 2,932.90
Reconciliation of Accounts
The Bank of Greene County Balances to Date
Money Market Checking Balance _______________________________$ 223,218.83*
*Includes interest paid on 2/29/2020 in the amount of $47.31
Checking Balance ____________________________________________ 3,658.73
Plus Deposit 3/3/2020 _________________________________________ 5,000.00
Less Outstanding Checks _______________________________________3,154.13
Checking Balance to Date _______________________________________5,504.60
Money Market & Checking A/C Total ____________________________$ 228,723.43
Capital Reserve Fund for Fire Equipment ______________________$41,786.91 (as of 12/31/19)
Interest 1/1/2020 – 1/31/2020 _____________________________________$ 5.30
Interest 2/1/2020 – 2/29/2020 _____________________________________ 4.96
Capital Reserve Fund for Constr. &Improvement: ______________$33,717.36 (as of 12/31/19)
Interest 1/1/2020 – 1/31/2020 ____________________________________$ 4.28
Interest 2/1/2020 – 2/29/2020 _____________________________________ 4.01
Denise Fiore, Treasurer
March 16, 2020
A motion was made by Commissioner Bauer, seconded by Commissioner Miller to accept the Treasurers report for March. All in favor. So carried.
- Physical for Richard Larsen, Jr. received
- RBC Wealth Management statement for January – $405,045.31
- Executed Agreement with Volunteer Fire Department received. Original will be kept with the Treasurer and a copy will be kept in the files.
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Commissioners Bauer and Saulpaugh
INSURANCE: Commissioners Miller and Scott
- Treasurer Fiore said the Clermont Fire Company reimbursed the District for their portion of the 2020 insurance premium in the amount of $1,869.00.
FIRE EQUIPMENT: Commissioners Bauer and Saulpaugh
- Commissioner Saulpaugh said the new truck 6035 will need tie down brackets to hold the equipment on the truck. The brackets will cost between $1,000-$1,500. A motion was made by Commissioner Bauer and seconded by Commissioner Miller to purchase the tie down brackets.
LOSAP: Commissioners S. Rifenburgh and Miller
- Commissioners Rifenburgh and Miller have posted the LOSAP points. After required 30 day posting all signed forms will be mailed.
- Chairwoman Rifenburgh said Evan Tompkins was the only firefighter to qualify in the Defined Contribution Service Award Plan for 2019. She mentioned that these monies must be kept separate.
LAWS AND POLICIES: All Commissioners
LEGAL: All Commissioners
- Commissioner Bauer will check with the Chief to find out the status of the hose purchase from Garrison.
- Chairwoman Rifenburgh received the sexual harassment forms and will put them out.
- Treasurer Fiore said the closing for the new truck 6035 was March 16, 2020 and the funds were deposited into the District’s Money Market bank account that day.
- Treasurer Fiore said the District Accountant, Brian Fitzgerald, broke his ankle is not responding to emails re status of 2019 Audit.
- Commissioner Scott asked if any information has been received from NYS or Columbia County regarding COVID-19. Commissioner Rifenburgh said no information has not so far been received.
- Commissioner Bauer requested a moment of silence in memory of Mark Schiller.
There were ten calls in February as follows:
2/9/20 – Mutual Aid Livingston Structure Fire – 140 Maple Lane
2/10/20 – Wires down – Cedar Hill and Pine Lane
2/10/20 – AAPI – Route 9 (exact location not reported)
2/14/20 – Alarm Activation – 634 Church Avenue
2/14/20 – Mutual Aid Livingston Structure Fire – Route 31
2/15/20 – Mutual Aid Livingston Recall – Route 31
2/16/20 – Smoke Investigation – 874 County Route 6
2/22/20 – Alarm Activation – 104 Mill Road
2/25/20 – Mutual Aid Germantown AAPI – 450 Church Avenue
2/28/20 – Alarm Activation – 760 Woods Road
Monthly Drills/Work Details
2/12/20 – Drill – Thermo Imaging Camera – 7 firefighters attended
2/24/20 – Drill – Drill on roof venting and ladders – 12 firefighters attended
A motion was made by Commissioner Saulpaugh, seconded by Commissioner Miller to pay the bills. All in favor. So carried.
Commissioner Bauer submitted the fuel report showing 46.8 gallons used.
A motion was made to adjourn at 7:50 P.M. by Commissioner Bauer, seconded by Commissioner Scott.
Denise Fiore, Treasurer
Clermont Fire District