CLERMONT SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MINUTES
MARCH 16, 2020
The Town Board held a special meeting which had been scheduled before the necessary shutdown of the town hall due to the Coronavirus outbreak by the Governor. The meeting was closed to the public. Those who were present at the 7:00 P.M. meeting were Supervisor Raymond Staats, Councilman Robert Desmond, Councilwoman Dawn Brownson, Councilwoman Lindsey Lusher Shute and Councilman Kris Gildersleeve.
Councilman Lusher Shute was good enough to takes notes, in the absence of the Town Clerk.
Summary of meeting outcomes:
- The board would like the committee to continue. At the next formal town board meeting the will officially nominate a Park Committee and chairs. The board will only nominate one committee; if the group would like to have subcommittees or working groups, the group can self-organize. There is also support for a parents playground group.
- Pending a few edits, the board is interested to adopt the plan as an advisory document. Supervisor Staats is speaking with the town lawyer about how to proceed with this action.
board approved/prioritized several actions from the plan:
- A simple rules sign (similar to what is now in Tivoli) to be placed near the parking lots; I will facilitate the creation/purchase of this sign.
- Finishing the park entrance (including trees; split rail fencing).
- Planting trees in arboretum near the Route 9 entrance; planting trees near County route 6 parking lot; and, depending on funding, some selective screening plantings.
- Creation of crushed stone trail to veteran’s monument.
- Benches along the mowed trail, assuming funding from AARP or other sources.
- Planting of seed withing the monarch meadow, but not moving new topsoil to area at this time.
- Relocating piles from stream area.
Councilwoman Brownson and Councilwoman Lusher Shute will work on several funding opportunities, immediately including AARP and Iroquois community grants.
- If anyone is interested to continue on the park committee, please email Councilwoman Lusher Shute at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are other individuals that you would like to nominate for the park committee, please send their current information.
- Councilwoman Lusher Shute will organize a committee meeting by phone in the next two weeks to nominate chairs, and discuss upcoming plantings and grant proposals.
- She will email Amy Parrella regarding plant material.